Thursday, January 22, 2015

Girl pick up your crown; It's falling

When we think of the word crown, we automatically associate it with a beauty pageant winner, A queen, or somebody of royalty and social class. We see them dripped in diamonds, pearls, fine linens, and the nicest of things and we immediately respect them. Now we see a woman wearing high waisted shorts, a crop top, and heels, and we treat her totally different! With Ms. Crop top, we approach her differently, talk to her differently, and we even switch our reverence for her. I know you're thinking " Ok Bianca I'm not in a beauty pageant, and this isn't Coming to America, Nobody walks around in a crown all day". My sister I come to serve you notice,whether you believe it or not you wear one everyday. Proverbs 12:4 says " A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay to his bones" Sis I hear you " Girl I'm not married yet my Adam is still asleep being made for me" Ummmm............. Ma'am yes you are!! Isaiah 54:5 clearly states " For your maker is your husband The Lord Almighty. So let's put things into perspective for a minute. Now that we know Jesus is our husband, What have our crowns been saying about us? Do we dress for attention, Likes on Instagram, Or approval from others. How do others treat us? Our dress code set the tone for the level of respect we demand, But also how we view ourselves. When a man see's us half naked his mind automatically go to sex with us. He can't even see our character to desire to truly pursue us, Let alone court and marry us. We've blinded him with our physical jewels and who we are on the inside won't  matter. From there his level of respect for us has decreased because we don't respect ourselves. There was a time in my life I wanted to wear everything short, tight, and skimpy. I was so broken on the inside until it seeped out in my attire. I sought validation from men with my tight clothes. In our earthly marriages we are willing to respect our husband's headship, we honor him, and we want to bring him a good name. So why is it in our marriage with Christ we don't do the same? We wear what we want, act how we want, and just do us. Do you know the type of honor it is to be his crown? We represent him everywhere we go. I know we all like to look fly and trendy, I understand because I love fashion. In our clothing choices we have to think about if we're honoring God, also are we honoring our future husbands with our attire. Men are very territorial, no man wants a woman willing to share her treasures with the world. I challenge you to step into you rightful position as the crown and bring honor to your heavenly husband. Let's honor his headship and dress with class, dignity, and grace. By no means Am I telling you to dress like Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, and Sophia, But when people see us they should see our crowns and treat us accordingly. We are royalty honey!!!! Our husband is the man Lol , and we were brought with a price( Jesus's Blood) Let us find our worth, value, and standard in Christ alone. Once we do our dress code will line up with what He says about us, and how we view ourselves will change. Let's begin to adjust our crowns, and polish them with the love of Jesus.

5 comments:

  1. Amen, That's Great wisdom sis! Glory to the Most High! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, insightful and honest. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of the woman you have become it takes strength to put it all out there. Go forth in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete