Monday, October 3, 2016

How To Hold On To Your Purity: Christ Is Our Anchor 



It's been so long since I've blogged and I really missed sharing my heart with you guys. While away God allowed me to share my story with a few women. While with these ladies, The number one question I was asked was how? How do I hold on? How have I made it this far? I began to pray that the Holy Spirit would give me the right words to say and guide my tongue so I could bring glory to His name. Today I'll share the answers the Lord gave me with you.  1. Spend time with God daily!  If you take nothing else from this blog post please understand this is number one. When we spend time with Him daily, we are allowing His Spirit to come in and fill us. While in consecration with God, He shows us our hearts and bring correction in all areas. Also while spending time with God He teaches us and change our hearts. We swap our selfish desires and our will, and we began to desire what He wants for us and nothing else.  2. Godly Accountability: Godly counsel is so vital to your walk of purity because they help us stay focused. Proverbs 27:17  As iron sharpens iron, So a friend sharpens a friend.  Simply Put when you're down or wanting to give up God graces us with a spiritual brother or sister to lift us up. Godly accountability correct us with the Word of God but also walks with us and pray us through it. They go to God for us and  intercede on our behalf. This year I took some hard blows and wanted to completely give up! I was done with purity and all it had to offer!! Right in that moment God sent my sisters Shadawn, Taira, and Monique to not only pray for me, but fast for me ......That's love ya'll lol.    3. Stay focused on the bigger picture: Romans 5:8 But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.  Jesus laid down his life for us and in return we must live for him. We were created to serve God. We must remember purity is a act of service to the Lord. We must present our bodies as a living sacrifice unto the Lord. Also we have to remind ourselves that singleness is only for a season, we can't give up or rush God to the alter. We have to rest in his perfect timing and trust that he knows what's best for us. He created us and know us inside out, he protects us for our own selves. If He blesses us prematurely we'll ruin it. I pray during your journey you learn to depend on God for EVERYTHING.... He's our strength  

1 comment:

  1. Awww beautiful... I love this. You've helped me as well. ������

    ReplyDelete